IMAGINE THAT HONEY!
difference is in the partnership.
~ Hive Management ~ Seasonal Pollination
Good for you, your community, and our future…
Please contact us if you are interested in signing up for our 2016 class schedule, workshops, or personal instruction. firstname.lastname@example.org
BEEKEEPING FOR BEGINNERS 2016
Swanzey, NH – Saturdays 9:00am – Noon
March 12, April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9 & September 10
$35/Class = Total $210, or prepay for $175 for all 6 Classes (1 class for free)
* * * Same pricing as 2015 * * *
This complete series of classes will help guide you through the steps necessary to begin, keep
and maintain healthy bees. Everyone participating in the course will receive introductory instruction
and recommendations for starting your own apiary, and most importantly hands-on experience.
MARCH & APRIL – INTRODUCTION, HIVE MATERIALS, OVERVIEW FOR THE YEAR
- Apiary Location Requirements
- Apiary Site Discussion
- Clothing Recommendations
- Feeding Your Bees
- Building Hive & Frame
- Installing your Package of Bees
- Introduction & Overview
- Keeping a Notebook - manual or computer
- Maintaining Healthy Bees/Medication
- Opening & Inspection of Hives
- Predators & Loss Prevention
- Electric Fencing & Other Products
- Purchasing Used Equipment +/-
- Smokers & Fuel
- Tools & Equipment
FIRST BEES ARRIVE MID-APRIL to MID-MAY: We do have bees available & suggest that you order them ASAP
MAY – SPRING & SUMMER MANAGEMENT
- Spring Management Summary
- Swarms - "Bee" prepared!
- In the Hive - Proper Technique
- Visiting the Hives
JUNE – SUMMER & FALL MANAGEMENT
- Summer & Fall Management Summary
- What do we see in the hive ... Swarm?
- Reversing Hive Bodies
- Preparing NUCs for Next Spring
JULY – FALL MANAGEMENT – Feed your bees…
- Honey Supers & Preparing to Harvest
- To medicate or not to medicate?
SEPTEMBER – EXTRACTING & WINTER PREPARATION & YEAR IN REVIEW – Q & A
- Winter Management Expectations
- Proper use of Honey Extractor
- Extracting & Bottling Honey
If there is enough interest: Fall Pot Luck – Beekeeper's Reunion
Classes are hands-on. Weather permitting; each class will consist of a visit to the hives.
You should bring along or wear light-colored loose fitting clothing with long sleeves.
Socks and shoes are recommended, no shorts, open-toed sandals, or short socks please.
It's all about timing & balance.
To Register Contact: Dean & Jodi Turner, 283 Matthews Road, Swanzey, NH 03446
Email: email@example.com Phone: (603) 381-1717